Saturday, 2 May 2009

Homage to Meister Eckhart

Closer

You are closer to me,
than I am to myself
and yet I search for you.
I seek you each and every day,
to hear just what you want to say,
yet do I listen ?

When you’re within then I’m without,
when you are here then I am there,
you’re never where you should be.
I want to lose myself in you.

You are closer to me, than I am to myself
and yet I search for you.

I seek you each and every day,
to hear just what you want to say,
and when I find you

You’re in the stranger I ignore,
the chaos in my life and more
not where I want you to be.
I want to lose myself in you.

It’s not that I desire so much
to live and move and grow in you,
than to let you just be in me.

You are closer to me, than I am to myself
and yet I search for you.

I seek you each and every day,
to hear just what you want to say,
and when you touch me.

I try to lose myself in you
and yet you build and then renew
what you created in me.
I want to be myself in you

1 comment:

Dr.P said...

"The Way of Paradox - Spiritual Life as taught by Meister Eckhart" by Cyprian Smith OSB is a good read. Pofound, difficult, but definately well worth the effort.