Saturday, 16 May 2009

The Way that I Am !


Open my eyes Lord that I may see clearly,
For I am content with the way that I am.
Sharpen the vision of living around me,
For I am content with the way that I am.

That I may live Lord the life you became ,
With ordinary people with everyday pain.

Open my ears Lord and teach me to listen,
For I am content with the way that I am.
To hear with compassion not listening blindly,
For I am content with the way that I am.

Loosen my tongue Lord to speak what is needed,
For I am content with the way that I am.
Stretch out my hands let them touch new horizons,
For I am content with the way that I am.

I want to serve with your people in need,
In ordinary places with everyday dreams.

Waken my heart to the life that I’m living,
For I am content with the way that I am.
Heighten my senses to live your creation,
No longer content with the way that I am.

Living my life in a village or city,
No longer content with the way that I am.
Prayer and reflection in service of others,
No longer content with the way that I am.

Naked for others I don’t want to know,
So lead me down the pathways I’d rather not go.

Every disturb me and challenge me daily,
No longer content with the way that I am.
Fire and temper my own aspirations,

That you may shine forth in the way that I am.

No comments: