Tuesday, 10 August 2010

Lindisfarne

Just returned from a three day trip/retreat to Holy Island. The Celts speak of ‘thin’ places where the veil between this world and the next is quite translucent. This has got to be one of those places. However, my experience had other things to say. If I was looking for a spiritual place I would have missed it. If I was looking for a place to spiritual it was perfect. Through grace we can be spiritual anywhere.

The overriding personal message for me was secured to the side of the entrance to the catholic church in the picture above – “Go wherever Divine Providence calls.” There is an even more personal story through the door of this church. One that is too personal to be shared on a blog. Divine providence is calling and to some this call could be a scandal, though I must follow my conscience.

Have a look at the Island website and take in it's spiritual legacy. You may even take a visit there yourself. Who knows, you too may "go wherever Divine Providence calls."


No comments: