Sunday, 16 March 2014

Strange things in blogging world . . .

Strange things seem to be happening in the blog world at the moment. Most blogs seem to have been 'left footed' since Pope Francis was appointed.  Second guessing as to any 'change' is rife and criticism as to him going 'too far' is also present.

The upcoming Synod on the family is eagerly anticipated, but whether a particular Bishops conference publishes results of the questionnaire has tempered any further speculation. It's even had an effect on my own blog where posting has been a little quiet.  I've kept my eye on the blogging world though . . . . .

I'm also a bit perplexed by the story of protect the pope blog.  I might not be in agreement with his blog but something makes me very uneasy about a Bishops request to desist from writing.  Yes, he's been criticising people in a manner I find odious, but surely he has a right to self expression and write as his conscience dictates.  Contrast this with the bishops of England and Wales inviting responses to the questionnaire for the synod and then not letting anyone know what was said.

Seems like exciting times are ahead.  Could call me back to blogging more regularly.  Keep going everyone !

No comments: